Re: What OS is used By Richard Stallman

From: nicolas vigier
Subject: Re: What OS is used By Richard Stallman
Date: 14 Jan 2008 17:43:27 GMT

On 2008-01-03, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms@1407.org> wrote:

> What he asks is for people to not call the whole operating system as
> Linux, which is a common mistake as 99.999% of the time people are
> talking about a GNU variant to which was added the Linux kernel.

This not a mistake, this is just a name. And a name doesn't have to
reflect all the things which are included inside it. Most people seems
to like the "Linux distribution" name, everybody understands that it
means the Linux kernel and many other things, and I see no reason to
change that name to something else that is not as easy to say just
because RPMS decides so.