Re: How do Free software developers get money?

From: mike3
Subject: Re: How do Free software developers get money?
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 12:13:57 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 4, 5:15 am, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <r...@1407.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 03, 2008 at 02:15:06PM -0800, mike3 wrote:

> > > It also helps to not ignore the answers people gave you (mike3) the
> > > first 50 times you asked the same question...
>
> > I guess so, but where did I ask about the development of proprietary
> > software as a free software developer's job? If I had really asked it
> > before, I wouldn't have asked it again. I can't remember this and it
> > would
> > help greatly if you would point out where I asked this specific
> > question so much, as if I did I'll review the answers I got and dro
> > this thread if they all make sense to me.
>
> I advise you to consult a brain doctor, you may have something similar
> to alzheimer's desease.
>
> I quite distinctly remember replying to you on such a subject, if not
> the same, at least one so similar as to be confused as being the same.

Alzheimer's disease at only 17 years of age? That's a pretty unusual
thing, but I suppose it could happen. But I don't think that's what's
going
on here -- once I get an answer to a question and I understand it, the
desire may be satisfied, and if the question was too trivial to me at
the
time, I just won't bother to remember it and forget it. Or, of course,
I may
not really have asked the question and it's _you_ that is having the
problem,
not me.

That's where Google comes in to play. It has an archive that's more
reliable
than forgetful human memory. And I googled this group for every thread
started, I didn't see any of them on this question. If you want me to
read
every message in those threads, that would take many hours and I just
don't have that type of free time. Even more this doesn't help me with
understanding Kastrup's answer here.

Addendum: Just spent (wasted) around a half hour skimming through my
own posts on my threads, and couldn't find the question. Although I
didn't skim through them all due to time concerns, I used my memory,
reason, and self-knowledge to determine which ones were and weren't
worth furhter looking, but still could not find one instance of asking
this
question. The threads I thought were most relevant were those were
"profit" was being discussed as that's where these type of questions
would tend to pop up, but no luck. I looked through some of the GPL
threads too. Why can't you just _say_ _where_ I asked this Q., so I
can
go there and review the answers you say I was given? Otherwise I'll
just be wasting more time looking over and over at these things and
not
finding anything.