Re: "My dad is a pirate."

From: Andre Majorel
Subject: Re: "My dad is a pirate."
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 00:52:43 +0000 (UTC)

On 2008-02-14, stan@worldbadminton.com <stan@worldbadminton.com> wrote:
> In comp.os.linux.misc Ignoramus21499
> <ignoramus21499@nospam.21499.invalid> wrote:
>>
>> I release things under the GNU Public License to make sure that people
>> have no doubt that they can legally use and share my programs, and
>> that they cannot possibly "get caught" as long as they do not infringe
>> on software freedom of these programs.
>
> I know it is crazy to jump into this, but---
>
> Since you feel free to ignore everyone else's license/copyright/etc,
> why in the world would you expect anyone to abide by yours?
>
> Are you so important that _your_ rights count but nobody else's?

By making your work available under the terms of the GPL, you
allow everybody to "pirate" it (freely redistribute it). In that
regard, the OP cannot be accused of wanting to have it both ways.

--
André Majorel <URL:http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/>
(Counterfeit: acuqomap@hoc.com uhegyjef@flack.com)

--