Re: "My dad is a pirate."

From: spike1
Subject: Re: "My dad is a pirate."
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 16:30:50 +0000

In the sacred domain of comp.os.linux.advocacy,
Tony Drudge <tonydrudge@google.com> didnst hastily scribble thusly:
>> Why should I? Just to give you points in a pointless argument?
>> My argument is simply what I've been stating for this entire thread. That
>> copyright infringement is not theft. BECAUSE it IS NOT THEFT.
>> IT IS COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT.

> I guess that's why federal law enforcement (FBI) gets involved because it's
> only minor "copyright infringement" and not a a real crime.

You will of course now reference the place in this thread where I stated it
wasn't a "real crime"? FFS, I just said AGAIN that it was a crime in the
very article you quoted. Did I say it was an unreal crime, or a petty crime
or any other type of crime?

Didn't think so. I just used the word by itself. Crime.

>> Two completely DIFFERENT *CRIMES*
>> Get that? It's a crime, I never stated that it was not a crime.

> Fine. Call it what you want. But it IS a CRIME and it is illegal. And
> people who pirate movies and music are breaking the law.

Where did I ever say otherwise?

>> Just as identity theft is NOT THEFT.
>> It is fraud. Another entirely different CRIME.

> Still illegal so why do you and your ilk continue to defend it.

Where have I defended it?
Hmmm? I simply called it what it is. Not what the media WANT it to be.

|   spike1@freenet.co.uk   |                                                 |
|            in            |  suck is probably the day they start making     |
|     Computer science     |  vacuum cleaners" - Ernst Jan Plugge            |