Re: Recommend a license, please

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Recommend a license, please
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 12:29:50 +0200

Ivan Fomichev <ifomichev@gmail.com> writes:

> I would like to license the software of my own under a free software
> license. I've browsed many of them, but nothing meets my needs. The
> license of my choice should be a) human-readable (opposing to lawyer-
> readable ;-), b) weak copyleft,

What does "weak" mean for you?  Your example is pretty much like "GPL"
which is not generally considered "weak".

> c) enforceable

What is it that you want to enforce when you are talking about "weak"?

> and d) GPL-compatible.

I'd guess that the GPL is the best bet yet.  While you probably object
to it on base of not being "human-readable", it is certainly one of
those licenses covered most extensively in discussions and FAQs, so
humans have a lot of references to consult in case of doubt (including
the legal department of the FSF).