Re: Using non-GPL libraries in a GPL program

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Using non-GPL libraries in a GPL program
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 23:23:36 +0900

"Dave Crossland" <dave@lab6.com> writes:
>> He does get his info directly from lawyers; and this cannot be said
>> for Terekhov. So it is foolish to forget what RMS says just because he
>> doesn't have a degree in law.
>
> This is true of Stallman's written works, but I would be very wary of
> putting any trust in something from a transcription of an audio
> recording of a spoken comment made in a Q&A session after a speech.

He's had enough real interaction with lawyers on these issues that
surely he's formed reasonable instincts regarding them.

Terekhov, on the other hand, is simply a blithering idiot.

You can make your own choice I suppose.

-Miles

--
Guilt, n. The condition of one who is known to have committed an indiscretion,
as distinguished from the state of him who has covered his tracks.