Re: Dismissal with prejudice is normal

From: The Ghost In The Machine
Subject: Re: Dismissal with prejudice is normal
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 15:14:05 -0700

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Ezekiel
<c@y.com>
 wrote
on Thu, 19 Jun 2008 15:23:44 -0400
<f3445$485ab240$10843@news.teranews.com>:

> "Rick" <none@nomail.com> wrote in message
> Z-2dnURgfrHKN8fVnZ2dnUVZ_rzinZ2d@supernews.com">news:Z-2dnURgfrHKN8fVnZ2dnUVZ_rzinZ2d@supernews.com...
>> On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 18:28:44 +0200, Alexander Terekhov wrote:
>>
>>> Linonut wrote:
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Here's an illustration of what the lawyers he have checked with were
>>> talking about.
>>>
>>> http://petsforum.com/PSW/Docket/Stipulation.htm (STIPULATION OF
>>> SETTLEMENT AND DISMISSAL WITH PREJUDICE)
>>>
>>> That's not equivalent to
>>>
>>> http://www.terekhov.de/GPLvVerizon/VOLUNTARY_DISMISSAL.pdf
>>>
>>> regards,
>>> alexander.
>>
>> Maybe you can show us where the GPL has been found unenforceable in court.
>
> Maybe you can show us where Nina Reiser's body is hidden.

Exactly!  These two issues are connected together through
the power of the technicolor giraffes in my bathtub!

Or maybe not.

The main issue: Reiser removed and discarded the passenger
seat of his Honda CRX and then hosed it down.  Why any
rational person would do that is far from clear, but given
a murder it makes a dimwitted sense.  There was also a
stained sleeping-bag cover.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/04/29/hans_reiser_found_guilty/

Very very good, if circumstantial, evidence (the report
doesn't indicate how much blood on the cover, and that
blood could have been from a vicious hacking murder nearby,
or her accidentally cutting herself with a knife or rock
during food prep).

So remember, folks; change to Windows Vista Ultimate
today.  That way, the highest crime one might have to
worry about is either extortion or trade manipulation,
as opposed to first degree murder, possibly with special
circumstances.... ;-)

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to feed some giraffes in my bathtub...

[.sigsnip]

#191, ewill3@earthlink.net
Linux.  Because it's not the desktop that's
important, it's the ability to DO something
with it.