Re: Dismissal with prejudice is normal

From: rjack
Subject: Re: Dismissal with prejudice is normal
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 11:02:42 -0400

Alexander Terekhov wrote:

So, again, why is SFLC suing Verizon?

The SFLC lawyers are suing Verizon because they haven't the slightest idea how
Copyright law works and are praying that a bluff will work

The suits that have been filed are absolute propaganda bullshit intended to
intimidate folks. Verizon told them to stuff it and the SFLC dismissed WITH
PREJUDICE because they didn't want to pay Verizon's attorney fees and court
costs.

There have never been any enforceable settlements resulting from these suits.
There isn't a modicum of evidence that the "victories" claimed by the SFLC
are anything other than self-serving crap. Those making extraordinary claims
bear the burden of proof -- which in the case of the SFLC is non-existent.

The SFLC will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER allow a Federal Court to review the GPL
license on the merits. They'll dismiss WITH PREJUDICE before allowing any
meaningful court review to occur.

Sincerely,
Rjack :)

-- "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations,
or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and
evidence." -- John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston
Massacre Trials,' December 1770