Re: Copyright source code

From: pschmidt78
Subject: Re: Copyright source code
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 16:47:11 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 27, 1:40 am, spasmous2 <spasm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I downloaded some code that has a copyright notice in it. It's unclear
> to me what this means though. I was hoping someone could help.
>
> Can I use the code to make money or distribute the code to someone
> else? Do I need to pay a royalty to the author? The code is a C
> translation of a Public Domain Fortran code.

First, it is questionable whether the author of the C code really owns
the copyright. If it is an automatic translation from public domain
code, I strongly doubt his copyright.

Second, please post the copyright notice you are talking about.
Otherwise it is impossible to answer your questions.

Philipp Schmidt