C, C++ and Perl Workshops by NYLXS

From: Ruben
Subject: C, C++ and Perl Workshops by NYLXS
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 23:03:48 -0400

While we have some summer off time I'm going to lead 3 workshops for
beginners through the NYLXS Mailing List at hangout@nylxs.com

We will be doing Introduction to C Programming using the book

C Programming:  A Modren Approach

by K.N.King

I'll be developing C programming notes on line as we go.  This book is fairly
intensive

Also we will do Perl Porgramming

using the Perl Programming Notes of NYLXS on
http://www.nylxs.com/docs/perlcourse/

I'll be reediting these notes as we go, but they are fairly complete as they are

Finally, we will be learning C++ with the text
C++ Primer
Stanley Lippman and Josee Lajoie - I have the 3rd addition

I took C++ at NYU but frankly have not nearly enough background, so I'll be
making notes
and learning along with everyone else.

Anyone who wants to join is welcome to.  NYLXS Accounts are available on the
server for a
NYLXS membership fee of $45 (and then you need to do volunteer hours to become
a voting
member).  We will also use the NYLXS irc channel to meet on line weekly as
announced

The irc channel is on freenode #nylxs

The mailing list itself is published on the NYLXS site.  Hope you join us!

So many immigrant groups have swept through our town that Brooklyn, like
Atlantis, reaches mythological proportions in the mind of the world  - RI Safir
1998

"The tremendous problem we face is that we are becoming sharecroppers to our
own cultural heritage -- we need the ability to participate in our own society."

You must be a stupid engineer then, because politcs and technology have been
attached at the hip since the 1st dynasty in Ancient Egypt.  I guess you missed
that one."

© Copyright for the Digital Millennium