Re: Free software, free speech, human dignity

From: Ciaran O'Riordan
Subject: Re: Free software, free speech, human dignity
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 21:06:21 +0100

Andreas Röhler <andreas.roehler@online.de> writes:
> we should not risk being injailed for our publishings

So, authors should have no responsibilities and all laws of libel, slander,
perjury, etc. should be deleted?

Also, it seems your point is that copyright law is unethical, not
specifically the GPL.

This is back to the age old question of whether free speech means I can
shout "Fire!" in a packed cinema.  (I suppose "Bomb!" is the modern
version.)

--
Ciarán O'Riordan, +32 477 36 44 19, http://ciaran.compsoc.com/

Recent blog entries: