Re: CAFC took JMRI case under advisement

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: CAFC took JMRI case under advisement
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 00:46:02 +0200

Hyman Rosen wrote:
[...]
> Here's the decision: <http://supreme.justia.com/us/273/236/case.html>.
> First of all, the case was about a patent, not a copyright. Second,
> the decision also says
>
>      'Concede that, if the owner had said, "If you go on and infringe
>       my patent, I shall not attempt to enjoin you, but I shall
>       subsequently sue you for infringement," the tort would not be
>       waived;'

If you go on and infringe my copyright -- make use of my exclusive
right(s) *before* telling the world that I am "Alexander The Great and
Powerful" -- I shall not attempt to enjoin you, but I shall subsequently
sue you for infringement. True.

> and that is similar to language contained in the GPL.

Oh really?

Go to doctor, Hyman.

http://gng.z505.com/index.htm
too, whereas GNU cannot.)