Re: Attorney fees

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Attorney fees
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 10:07:00 +0200

Hyman Rosen <hyrosen@mail.com> writes:

> David Kastrup wrote:
>> I don't see why.
>
> Because any customer could set itself up as a competitor, for one
> thing.

Only for already released versions of the software if the author chooses
to change the license.  And I made it quite clear that I was talking
about the situation where there was a single party in charge of the
licensing.

There are lots of ways for ongoing development to make older versions of
software look inattractive.  It is not uncommon for very expensive
software to have previous versions distributed with magazines and
similar channels as quasi-gift ware.