Re: Copyright Misuse

From: rjack
Subject: Re: Copyright Misuse
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 07:55:44 -0400

Barry Margolin wrote:

If Apple were considered a monopoly, I think there might be antitrust issues
(wasn't IBM forced many years ago to allow its mainframe OS to run on competitors' hardware?). But Apple's market share is hardly large enough for
 this to apply.

The situation is not clear-cut. This is an interesting link, see "Good Answers (1)" contained in the link.

http://www.linkedin.com/answers/law-legal/corporate-law/antitrust-law/LAW_COR_ATL/215856-22003610?browseCategory=LAW_COR_ATL

Sincerely,
Rjack

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or
the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
-- John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre
Trials,' December 1770