Re: SFLC's GPL court enforcement -- track record

From: Rahul Dhesi
Subject: Re: SFLC's GPL court enforcement -- track record
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 21:47:58 +0000 (UTC)

Hyman Rosen <hyrosen@mail.com> writes:

>Rahul Dhesi wrote:
>> Somebody wants to hide something.  Who -- the defendants or the SFLC?
>> It's hard to tell.

>Why do you think anyone is hiding anything? For example,
><http://www.softwarefreedom.org/news/2008/mar/17/busybox-verizon/>
>says

[press release omitted]

>I guess you can be enough of a nosey parker to want to know exactly
>how much was paid, but otherwise there isn't anything secret about
>the settlement terms.

The announcement you quoted I'm sure presents some of the highlights of
the actual agreement, but might omit important details.  Without looking
at the settlement, we do not know what those details are and how
important they are.

I'm inclined to think that at least one of the parties would be harmed
or embarrassed if the settlement became public -- otherwise they would
have just posted it, on or near the same web page where the complaint
was posted.

  http://www.softwarefreedom.org/news/2007/dec/07/busybox/
  http://www.softwarefreedom.org/news/2007/dec/07/busybox/verizon.pdf
--