Re: C++ equivalent to spaghetti code

From: Pete Becker
Subject: Re: C++ equivalent to spaghetti code
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 05:40:43 -0400

On 2008-07-23 03:42:29 -0400, James Kanze <james.kanze@gmail.com> said:

On Jul 22, 7:21 pm, Ben Pfaff <b...@cs.stanford.edu> wrote:
James Kanze <james.ka...@gmail.com> writes:
C doesn't have any support for decimal arithmetic, nor any means
of adding it comfortably.

http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/open/n4060.pdf

Yes, I'd heard about this.  But I wasn't too sure of its status,
and it isn't implemented by the compilers I regularly use.

C and C++ both have TR's for decimal floating-point in the works. They were paused, waiting for IEEE-754R, a revision to IEEE-754 that includes decimal floating-point, to be completed. That happened a month or so ago, and now both TR's are moving forward.

--
 Pete
Roundhouse Consulting, Ltd. (www.versatilecoding.com) Author of "The Standard C++ Library Extensions: a Tutorial and Reference (www.petebecker.com/tr1book)