Re: SFLC's GPL court enforcement -- track record

From: Hyman Rosen
Subject: Re: SFLC's GPL court enforcement -- track record
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 16:09:51 -0400

Rahul Dhesi wrote:
So we agree...

I really have no idea what you're getting at. The SFLC
sues for GPL violations, they settle, the defendants
agree to comply with the GPL and try to make good their
previous violations, and some money changes hands.

Your interest in knowing every last detail of the
settlement doesn't obligate anyone to tell them to you.
It's completely routine for various details of a
settlement not be made public. You can believe that vast
and nefarious secrets are being concealed, but I expect
most people would take these settlements at face value.