Re: softwarecombinations paper again Re: LGPL vs. GPL

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: softwarecombinations paper again Re: LGPL vs. GPL
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 20:06:55 +0200

Hyman Rosen wrote:
[...]
> All the enforcement activities so far have targeted the
> former sort, which is why the cases result in settlements
> where they make the GPLed sources available without putting
> up any resistance.
>
> I'm not aware of any instances of the latter. Are you?

I'm aware of Bruce Perens' comical public threats against NVidia saying
that "given an opportunity" Eben Moglen would go after them and enforce
GNUtian theory of "derived work" (regarding closed source kernel
modules). I'm still awaiting such an enforcement. Stop shifting the
burden of proof you idiots.

http://www.fsf.org/photos/rms-sign.jpg

LOL.

http://gng.z505.com/index.htm