Re: devoted freetard's thought, remembered

From: rjack
Subject: Re: devoted freetard's thought, remembered
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 19:44:46 -0400

Alexander Terekhov wrote:
Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:

"Copyright license -> Copyright law Contract -> Contract law

DUH!" -- mini-RMS <rms@1407.org>

 "Whether express or implied, a license is a contract 'governed by ordinary
principles of state contract law.'"; McCoy v. Mitsuboshi Cutlery, Inc., 67. F.3d
917, (United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit 1995)

"Although the United States Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. ยงยง 101- 1332, grants
exclusive jurisdiction for infringement claims to the federal courts, those
courts construe copyrights as contracts and turn to the relevant state law to
interpret them."; Automation by Design, Inc. v. Raybestos Products Co., 463 F.3d
749, (United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit 2006)

DUH!

Sincerely,
Rjack

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or
the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
-- John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre
Trials,' December 1770