Re: The GPL dream is finally over!

From: Linonut
Subject: Re: The GPL dream is finally over!
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 12:38:19 -0400

* David Kastrup peremptorily fired off this memo:

> Alexander Terekhov <terekhov@web.de> writes:
>
>> Linonut's message quoted below proves that you just can't reason with
>> the GNU GPL true believers. Amusingly crazy clownish guys.
>
> Since they share this property with the courts and their decisions quite
> consistently, that's fine.  Laws are interpreted not by Terekhov's
> notions of sane, funny, crazy and drunk, but by the courts.
>
> And actually, the courts are not really interested in whether you follow
> the law for sane or for crazy reasons or out of pure coincidence.

His own evidence damns him:

http://pacer.mad.uscourts.gov/dc/opinions/saris/pdf/progress%20software.pdf

MySQL gets protection for its trademark, but the other guys can still
use the GPL code.

Who's crazy here?  It's not the GPL "true believers", that's for sure.

--
Did you ever walk into a room and forget why you walked in?  I think
that's how dogs spend their lives.