Re: The GPL dream is finally over!

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: The GPL dream is finally over!
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 20:40:19 +0200

> David Kastrup <Kriemhildstr. 15, 44793 Bochum> wrote:
>>
>> Since they share this property with the courts and their decisions
>> quite
>
> Please (re)visit the link below, you amusingly crazy clownish GNU GPL
> true believer dak.

[...]

> The caveat being (comment from a third party licensed German lawyer):
>
> -----
> Das Urteil sollte mit der Berufung angegriffen werden.

Yes, that's just what I say.  To support your views, you cite a court
decision and a comment that explains why the court must have been wrong.

I repeat: in legal matters, the decisions of the courts, not the
commentators, count, regardless how silly you and isolated commentators
may consider them.

And if the courts decide different from what you think they should do
time and again, it is not the courts that are crazy clowns clueless
about legal matters.

Mistakes happen: that's what appellate courts are for.  But they are the
exception rather than the rule.