Re: The GPL dream is finally over!

From: Moshe Goldfarb.
Subject: Re: The GPL dream is finally over!
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 12:01:47 -0400

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 12:34:12 -0700 (PDT), Rex Ballard wrote:

> On Aug 16, 4:31 pm, Linonut <lino...@bollsouth.nut> wrote:
>> * Rjack peremptorily fired off this memo:
>>
>>> My dream is that Eben, RMS, and all GPL true believers read and
>>> understand this decision so that we need never again hear the
>>> nonsense claim that "The GPL is a license and not a contract".
>
> Technically, a contract has conditions for termination.

Your IBM *contract* doesn't Rex...
That's because you don't have a contract, assuming you are a full time IBM
employee and not an off the street consultant.

Did you know that the deal you have with IBM allows them to fire you at any
time and get this, they don't even have to give you a reason!!

Yea, I couldn't believe that one either when someone dropped it in my lap,
but it's true.

You are an "at will employee" which means you hold no cards and IBM has the
entire deck.

AFAIK..

--
Moshe Goldfarb