Re: Why GnuZilla?

From: John Hasler
Subject: Re: Why GnuZilla?
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 20:26:55 -0500

Christian writes:
> As a Debian User I use Icedove, Iceweasel and Icecat. So these are GPL'ed
> versions of Mozilla Products, right?

Wrong.  They are built from source identical in all respects (including
licensing) to that used to build the programs distributed by Mozilla except
for the absence of the Mozilla-owned trademarks and a few non-free files.
Look here: <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IceApe> and also in
/usr/share/doc/iceweasel/copyright/

> I understand, that the GnuZilla Project has made some minor tweaks to the
> original Firefox, but is that the only reason for having a different
> project?

Unrelated.
--
John Hasler