Re: Why GnuZilla?

From: John Hasler
Subject: Re: Why GnuZilla?
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 10:04:25 -0500

Christian Herenz writes:
> So... I still don't get it - what is different in Icecat

Icecat is an FSF project, not a Debian one.  There are FSF people here who
can explain it better than I can.

>  - except from the minor tweaks. Debian removed all Non-Free content,

Icecat is derived from the Mozilla sources completely independently of
Debian.  Icecat is unrelated to Debian.

> Could you maybe explain the situation a little bit deeper.

Read the references I gave you and ask specific questions.

> And I still don't get why gNewSense does uses thier own rebranded version
> and not IceCat.

I don't know anything about that.  Perhaps you should ask them.

> I am new to this NG, so I am not familiar with the tone here - but at the
> moment I am thinking if this will be my last post in this group.

You are welcome to stay or leave.  It is entirely up to you.  If you are
that touchy, though, you might be happier with moderated "forums" than with
Usenet.

> Do you really think, that it is polite to answer to a serious question
> with one word, without further explanation.

Yes.

> Maybe, if you do not want to communicate, you should not post in a
> newsgroup?

I've been posting to newsgroups for more than 25 years.  Perhaps, if you
cannot read a message for its content and not get offended by some sort of
imaginary "tone" you should not post to a newsgroup.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org