Re: Why GnuZilla?

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Why GnuZilla?
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 04:52:05 -0400

   >    > [gNewSense] only includes free documentation.
   >
   >    No GFDL documents with "front cover texts", "back cover texts"
   >    or "invariant sections"?
   >
   > Such documents are also free documents, so are verbatim only
   > documents.

   Documents with those restrictions are not free by any principled
   definition of free commonly used in the tech world.  They may be
   free by the FSF's definition of "free", though, which seems to be
   "whatever RMS happens to think in this particular case".

What is free or not is not decided by mob rule; nor does there exist
one set of freedoms for everything ever created.  Different works
require different set of freedoms; like my poems, there is no sense in
allowing you to modify them.

You can read more about free documentation at
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-doc.html