Re: softwarefreedom.org and busybox fellows 'win' DEFAULT JUDGMENT

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: softwarefreedom.org and busybox fellows 'win' DEFAULT JUDGMENT
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 19:11:49 +0200

Hyman Rosen wrote:
[...]
> Yeah, there's lots of mockery of judges here. But so far the only
> appeal we've seen has been in the JMRI case, and that went in favor
> of the GPL.

It went in favor of "call your licensee's covenants 'conditions' and you
can recover under tort law, not contract". If it were a territorial
ruling, it would significantly strengthen the hand of copyright holders
in that territory. How come that strengthening the hand of copyright
holders is "in favor of the GPL", Hyman?

http://gng.z505.com/index.htm
too, whereas GNU cannot.)