Re: softwarefreedom.org and busybox fellows 'win' DEFAULT JUDGMENT

From: Rahul Dhesi
Subject: Re: softwarefreedom.org and busybox fellows 'win' DEFAULT JUDGMENT
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 18:22:38 +0000 (UTC)

Tim Smith <reply_in_group@mouse-potato.com> writes:

>BusyBox, however, appears to be a US non-registered work, not a non-us
>non-registered work.

To whom does it appear this way?  Not to any of the defendants so far.

>Thus, we'd expect that even if someone were suing over a non-US work,
>they would register before filing suit, to take advantage of the extra
>remedies.

These extra remedies being what -- statutory damages?

Damages are probably not so important to the Busybox developers. The big
stick they carry, which became bigger after the JMRI decision, is the
threat of an injunction.
--
Rahul
http://rahul.rahul.net/