Re: Freedom. . . NOT

From: Hyman Rosen
Subject: Re: Freedom. . . NOT
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 12:24:04 -0400

Alexander Terekhov wrote:
Hyman Rosen wrote:
[... The FSF doesn't care about programmers ... ]
Right.
http://www.charvolant.org/~doug/gpl/gpl.pdf
(Why Not Use the GPL?)

A programmer complaining that the FSF doesn't care about
programmers. Ho hum. As a programmer myself, I find that
the biggest hindrance in my work is lack of transparency
when I have to use third-party libraries and I can't see
what it is they're doing because I don't have their source.

And oddly enough, even though GPLed software has grown
like Topsy, I'm still getting paid for my work. It's not
the FSF that's going to kill off programmer's salaries,
it's the worldwide financial collapse.