Re: Battle for Wesnoth relicensing

From: Hyman Rosen
Subject: Re: Battle for Wesnoth relicensing
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 14:16:20 -0400

Alexander Terekhov wrote:
The term “compilation” includes collective works.

Whatever. You still need permission from the owners
of the components to make copies and distribute them.
The GPL lets you do that if you're just including the
programs separately in a collection, but if you're
integrating them into one program you have to license
the whole thing under the GPL. If someone cares to sue
and claims that the two are indistinguishable and so
they have permission under "mere aggregation", we'll
see what happens. I predict they'll lose.