Re: Is the GPL all encompassing?

From: Hyman Rosen
Subject: Re: Is the GPL all encompassing?
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 23:33:17 -0400

amicus_curious wrote:
I would agree that providing source code itself is enough to enable a user to do all of that regardless of the fact that changes are so unlikely to ever occur. The GPL only adds a provision to enforce this on someone who might be unwilling to do so with some improvement absent the requirement to divulge any new source. I think that this would never happen in any case. I don't think that it has ever happened in the past either. Who but the project team has ever made any change to any major project?

I'm sorry, but I don't follow what you are saying - too many "this"
where I can't tell to what "this" refers.