Re: Is the GPL all encompassing?

From: Firey Bird
Subject: Re: Is the GPL all encompassing?
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 14:22:11 +0100

Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> After takin' a swig o' grog, 7 belched out this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> asstroturfing fraudster Rjack
>>
>>> The Court in Wallace v. IBM, demonstrated it's superior grasp of the
>>> software market. It called Linux an "imperfect substitute" for a
>>> proprietary operating system.
>>
>> Your world is a series of completely disconnected rants
>> and distorted out of context interpretations.
>
> Indeed.  Even our madcap little buddy 7 understands that.

Anyway... or BTW...

I haven't been keeping up.  What's happening with GPL 3?  Has it been
finished and released?  What's the uptake like?  Have the developers been
staying away in droves, as some of the more cynical commentators round here
predicted?  Or has it been widely embraced by all and sundry as the
manifesto for the future of the software industry?

(This isn't a troll.  I really don't know the answer.  And I figured some of
you lot would enjoy answering me.)