Re: Is the GPL all encompassing?

From: amicus_curious
Subject: Re: Is the GPL all encompassing?
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 16:34:55 -0400

"David Kastrup" <dak@gnu.org> wrote in message 853ajpqt0d.fsf@lola.goethe.zz">news:853ajpqt0d.fsf@lola.goethe.zz...
"amicus_curious" <ACDC@sti.net> writes:

I don't think that you have a correct understanding of "ad hominem"
here. If I said that your arguments were nonsense because you are an
uneducated fool and in the pay of the FSF, that would be ad hominem.
If I say that Richard Stallman is a fat, unkempt fool whose very
appearance is repugnant, that would just be derision or disparagement.
Saying the Busy Box authors are egomaniacs is just belittling and I
would continue to say that they do deserve the label.

If copyright were not a proper right for egomaniacs as well, where would
Microsoft be nowadays?

Where would anyone be? Makers of motion pictures, music, book, paintings, and any other creative work would be without means to derive some income from their creativity. The vanity fair condition of OSS is just a distraction.