Re: Now it's my compiler!

From: Andrew Halliwell
Subject: Re: Now it's my compiler!
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 02:29:02 +0100

Rjack <user@example.net> wrote:
> Which is complete, 100% bullshit. You don't control "commercial
> compilers" so how do know?

So... You're now claiming that you can re-distribute a commercial compiler?
Do you KNOW what software piracy is?

>> With SOME commercial compilers you can't even sell your own code without
>> permission from the compiler's owner. And then they expect you to pay for
>> the privilage.
> With SOME compilers you can sell your own code without permission
> from the compiler's owner. And then they don't expect you to pay for
> the privilege.

So? Reversing what I said doesn't make it any less true.

>> With the GPL based compiler, you can do what the hell you like with your own
>> code with no restrictions. Only if you include other people's GPL code are
>> you bound by the GPL yourself.
>>
>> By eck, the quality of trolls these days is shocking.
>
> By eck? Is that shorthand script-kiddie?

No, look it up.
--
|   spike1@freenet.co,uk   | "Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?"   |
|   Andrew Halliwell BSc   |                                                 |