Re: GPL propaganda

From: JEDIDIAH
Subject: Re: GPL propaganda
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 20:53:40 -0500

On 2008-09-26, Rjack <user@example.net> wrote:
> Andrew Halliwell wrote:
>> Rjack <user@example.net> wrote:
>>> The questions concerning enforceability of the provisions in the GPL
>>> will occur in the federal courts according to prevailing law. (I do
>>> not consider non-US jurisdictions.) Arguments concerning
>>> enforceability should be grounded in references to prevailing
>>> federal statutes and case law concerning the licensing of
>>> intellectual property.
>>
>> Why all the GPL FUD "jack"?
>> If you don't agree with the GPL, don't try to distribute any software under
>> it.
>>
>> simple as that.
>
> 1) Never have (distributed).
>
> 2) Do care about GPL advocates stealing other people's exclusive
> rights with an illegal copyright license.

     Yet the likes of Oracle and EA seem to manage well enough despite
of all of your bitching and moaning. This "problem" of yours only ever
manifests itself whenever you try to take someone else's property and
treat it as if it were your own.

     Avoid doing that and all of your ranting becomes completely moot.

     Use someone else's code in a commercial product and you better be
prepared to read and understand the fine print. Big news there (not)!

--

It is not true that Microsoft doesn't innovate.

        They brought us the email virus.

        In my Atari days, such a notion would have             |||
        been considered a complete absurdity.                 / | \

                http://www.usenet.com