Re: The Busybox/softwarefreedom.org 'won' in court (default judgment) --

From: Rjack
Subject: Re: The Busybox/softwarefreedom.org 'won' in court (default judgment) -- where is the press release and all the buzz?
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 06:46:00 -0500

Rahul Dhesi wrote:
Rjack <user@example.net> writes:

A very similar case provides some insight into default judgments:

[ quote ]

http://bulk.resource.org/courts.gov/c/F2/627/627.F2d.372.79-1616.html

I commend you for posting a public link.

A sufficient citation consists of three basic parts:
1) name of the case, statute, or article
2) where the item can be found, written as:
volume number, name of publication, page number
3) a date

A complete case citation looks like this:
Brown v. Board of Education, 347 U.S. 483 (1954).

Most sources for legal citations *do not* have
URL links available. This may be difficult for some
of the current generation to grasp.

There are real brick and mortar buildings called
"law libraries" which contain many cited resources.
I realize that actions beyond the clicking of a mouse
are strenuous but many times they are necessary.

Sincerely,
Rjack :)