Re: RMS - Cloud Computing is a trap/stupid

From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: RMS - Cloud Computing is a trap/stupid
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 01:37:23 -0400

In article <mailman.20266.1222795052.18990.gnu-misc-discuss@gnu.org>,
 "Koh Choon Lin" <free2sg@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all
>
> How many agree with this statement?
>
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/sep/29/cloud.computing.richard.stall
> man

The service that always worries me is TurboTax Online.  I find it hard
to believe that so many people are willing to upload all their financial
data to a web site.

On the other hand, many personal computer users probably don't keep
adequate backups, so the data is probably much safer if it's uploaded to
a professionally-managed web site.  Stallman and his disciples are much
more tech-savvy, so what's best for him may not be best for randoms.

--
Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA