Re: GPL propaganda

From: Rjack
Subject: Re: GPL propaganda
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 14:47:02 -0500

Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
[snips]

On 2008-09-26, Rjack <user@example.net> wrote:

2) Do care about GPL advocates stealing other people's exclusive rights
with an illegal copyright license.

     Yet the likes of Oracle and EA seem to manage well enough despite
of all of your bitching and moaning. This "problem" of yours only ever
manifests itself whenever you try to take someone else's property and
treat it as if it were your own.

I've got Herr Bonehead killfiled, but I happened to see this response to it. He's asserting an "illegal copyright license"; is he actually suggesting that the GPL results in some sort of illegality? That if I use GPL'd code in my own app, I'm somehow stealing something from the original writer? Is he unaware that the original developer _chose_ to release it as GPL, knowing full well it would be re-used in other applications?

Or is this some other argument?

I've got Herr Bonehead killfiled, but. . .

Why not stick with the intent of your killfile bonehead?

Sincerely,
Rjack :)