Re: question about GPLv3

From: Hyman Rosen
Subject: Re: question about GPLv3
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 10:25:20 -0400

TP wrote:
Could you explained me where I am wrong in the interpretation
> of additional term f/ of GPLv3 article 7?

You've got the direction of obligation reversed. When you
distribute GPLed material to someone, you may impose extra
conditions on yourself; for example, you may promise to fix
bugs for one year (presumably because the recipients have
paid you for this). Such obligations do not extend to third
parties to whom the recipients may further distribute the
software, and that must be made clear to the third parties.
That's what the clause is saying.