NYC LOCAL: Wednesday 7 January 2009 NYCBUG: Larry Ludwig on Puppet

From: secretary
Subject: NYC LOCAL: Wednesday 7 January 2009 NYCBUG: Larry Ludwig on Puppet
Date: 6 Jan 2009 12:27:16 -0500

  what="official NYCBUG announcement"
  edits="">

 Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 15:01:29 -0500
 To: announce@lists.nycbug.org
 From: NYC*BUG Announcements <announce@lists.nycbug.org>
 Subject: [announce] NYC*BUG Wednesday, January 7th and DCBSDCon

 January 07, 2009

 Introduction to Puppet

 6:30pm, Suspenders Restaurant
 http://www.suspendersbar.com/location.php

 What it is and how can it make system administration less painful

 About the speaker:

 Larry Ludwig - Principal Consultant/Founder of Empowering Media.
 Empowering Media is a consulting firm and managed hosting provider.
 Larry Ludwig has been in the industry for over 15 years as a system
 administration and system programmer. He`s had previous experience
 working for many Fortune 500 corporations and holds a BS in CS from
 Clemson University. Larry, along with Eric E. Moore and Brian Gupta are
 founding members of the NYC Puppet usergroup.

 Reminder about DCBSDCon (.org) on February 5th and 6th, right before
 ShmooCon.

 The lineup is very strong and there will be an opportunity to take the
 BSD Certification exam.

 Registration is open at http://dcbsdcon.org/register.html

 We strongly urge you to register as soon as possible to make it easier
 for the organizers :)

 For those interested in going, we can discuss carpooling/bus-sharing
 coordination on Talk or at the Wednesday meeting.