Re: JMRI case -- Implementation of the Federal Circuit's Opinion

From: Rahul Dhesi
Subject: Re: JMRI case -- Implementation of the Federal Circuit's Opinion
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 03:55:20 +0000 (UTC)

Rjack <user@example.net> writes:

>Rahul Dhesi wrote:
>> Rjack <user@example.net> writes:
>>
>>> Next thing you know you'll be calling a copyright license a contract:
>>
>> I'm staying out of this license/contract debate, but since you are not,
>> how do you justify calling it a contract in the specific case that the
>> person downloading GPL software hasn't agreed to the license terms?
>"Downloading" constitutes "a manifestation of assent".

So if the downloader doesn't know about the license, or knows about it
but explicitly refuses to agree to it as he does the download, this is
still a manifestation of assent?

Merriam-Webster says assent means "to agree to something especially
after thoughtful consideration". Are you using the word with some other
meaning?
--
Rahul
http://rahul.rahul.net/