Re: Microsoft needs a help strategy

From: Rahul Dhesi
Subject: Re: Microsoft needs a help strategy
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 14:55:03 +0000 (UTC)

"amicus_curious" <ACDC@sti.net> writes of GPL violators as "poor souls":

>But these poor souls are simply using embedded Linux/Busybox in lieu of
>more conventional Linux/GNU Utilities to run their applications.  There
>is no benefit to the community of any real significance in harassing
>them over adding one more site to download from.  All that seems to
>achieve is to give credibility to Ballmer's warning that Linux is a
>sort of cancer that a business whould be smart to avoid.

These "poor souls" didn't accidentally find themselves embedding Busybox
into their software. And I doubt that somebody held a gun to their head
forcing them to do so. They downloaded Busybox, configure it to meet their
own needs, integrated it into their own software, and debugged and
tested the resulting package, knowing perfectly well they were intending
to violate somebody else's copyright. Once they get caught with their
hand in the cookie jar, they assume the role of "poor souls" and seek
sympathy.
--
Rahul
http://rahul.rahul.net/