Re: Microsoft needs a help strategy

From: Chris Ahlstrom
Subject: Re: Microsoft needs a help strategy
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 18:04:04 -0500

After takin' a swig o' grog, Rjack belched out
  this bit o' wisdom:

> Hyman Rosen wrote:
>>
>> It is a verifiable fact that in each such case the defendants
>> made the GPLed sources available, as asked in the complaint
>> against them, when they were not doing so at some point before
>> the complaint was filed.
>>
>> It remains the case that no one is using your (incorrect) legal
>> theories to openly violate the terms of the GPL. Everyone acts
>> as if the GPL is a valid license which means just what it says,
>> even people who are opposed to its principles.
>
> They don't use my legal theories because GPL advocates will NEVER,
> NEVER allow the GPL to be reviewed on its merits by a federal judge  ...

Nor, apparently, will the /defendants/.

> -- they know the GPL is voidable.

Apparently, their lawyers have a different interpretation than yours.

--
We don't like their sound.  Groups of guitars are on the way out.
                -- Decca Recording Company, turning down the Beatles, 1962