Re: [ROFL] GCC's GPLv3 "Updated License Exception"

From: Rjack
Subject: Re: [ROFL] GCC's GPLv3 "Updated License Exception"
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 17:10:55 -0500

7 wrote:
Rjack wrote:

7 wrote:

As I write the assembler code for how a switch statement is implemented,
then I have copyright over it no matter how it gets subsequently used.
The assembler code for the switch statement is not generated
'automatically'. The exact sequence is something I have to creatively
interpret and put together reading CPU specification.
Nonsense.

The structural semantics of a "switch" statement are dictated by the
programming language specification. The the implementation of that
structure is dictated by the CPU specification.

Wrong fool. You don't know any assembler coding.

So what's so original about that?

If you knew assembler you wouldn't ask.

I was probably writing assembler when you were a glint in your Daddy's eye.

Sincerely,
Rjack :)