Re: Artifex v. Diebold: "The GPL is non-commercial!"

From: Rjack
Subject: Re: Artifex v. Diebold: "The GPL is non-commercial!"
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 13:45:08 -0500

Rahul Dhesi wrote:
Rjack <user@example.net> writes:

But this doesn't explain why you seem to think that the
license should use US-specific language.

One tactic of trolling is to endlessly ask "why" questions especially concerning other's motivations. Perhaps you should
simply state your reasons "why" I shouldn't prefer US-specific
language.

Since we are discussing software that will be propagated
worldwide, it makes no sense to make its license specific to any
one country.

OK, Rahul -- you win -- write your license in Esperanto.
Present the license to judges in Spain, France, the US and Russia
and see what they say.

1) Keep praying for a universal one world government where the laws
and language are all uniform.

2) Be prepared to wait a while.

Sincerely,
Rjack :)