Re: Copyright Misuse Doctrine in Apple v. Psystar

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Copyright Misuse Doctrine in Apple v. Psystar
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 11:54:09 +0100

   An ethical person won't misappropriate copyrighted software anyway.
   No company rule is needed.

   An unethical person will ignore the copyright license if it's
   convenient for him to do so, and he will likewise ignore the
   company rule if it's convenient for him to do so.

Ignoring a license that subjugates a users freedom is not unethical,
it is the only right thing to do.  It may be illegal, but it is not
unethical or immoral to do so.

If you ask me for a program that is useful to you, and the license
states that I cannot copy it to you, then I will still do so, since
that is what is right, that is the only ethical and moral decision.