Re: Copyright Misuse Doctrine in Apple v. Psystar

From: amicus_curious
Subject: Re: Copyright Misuse Doctrine in Apple v. Psystar
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 09:42:49 -0500

"Thufir Hawat" <hawat.thufir@gmail.com> wrote in message news:dtsol.15173$Si4.8824@newsfe22.iad...
On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 20:03:47 -0500, amicus_curious wrote:

You seem to  be fixated on the text of the GPL.  I don't disagree with
what it says.  I disagree with the notion that it has any practical
value.

Then I cannot fathom what your point is, aside from some vague desire on
your part to see software copyright revoked.

I simply made the comment long ago that the BusyBox authors and their lawsuits were useless activities that gave FOSS a bad name. All that anyone has been able to assert, yourself included, is that the GPL demands that a user follow its exact rules to the letter.