Re: Copyright Misuse Doctrine in Apple v. Psystar

From: Hyman Rosen
Subject: Re: Copyright Misuse Doctrine in Apple v. Psystar
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 12:08:12 -0500

Alexander Terekhov wrote:
And how do the visitors/users of downloaded software from http://www2.verizon.net/micro/actiontec/actiontec.asp
suppose to know that they have the all the rights reserved to the
copyright owners?

I assume those people already have the routers for which they
are trying to obtain the software. I don't know if the routers
now come with a GPL notice. The other question is whether the
"actiontec gateway" URL on the Verizon page causes an obligation
to Verizon under the GPL when a user downloads software through
it. Since the rights holders appear to be satisfied with the
source being made available only be Actiontec, we may conclude
that they (now) think it does not.

The page says "Copyright 2009 Verizon. All Rights Reserved."

For the contents of the page, of course, not for the contents
of other pages to which this page links.