Re: Copyright Misuse Doctrine in Apple v. Psystar

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: Copyright Misuse Doctrine in Apple v. Psystar
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 18:12:14 +0100

Hyman Rosen wrote:
[...]
> It is a reasonable explanation of why the SFLC dismissed its
> case against Verizon, made more plausible by the "actiontec
> gateway" part of the URL.

Man oh man. That "gateway" word is just the name of the box, idiot.

http://support.actiontec.com/doc_files/Datasheet_MI424WR_Rev.E_Verizon_FiOS_Router.pdf

"Verizon continues its string of impressive technological advances with
the introduction of its next generation FiOS Router. The First “Smart
Home Gateway” ..."

http://www.actiontec.com/support/product_details.php?pid=188&typ=all

"All of the Ethernet ports on my Gateway or Router are in use; can I
still add devices? How?

Is my Actiontec DSL Gateway or Cable/DSL Router a Firewall?

Will my Xbox work with the Actiontec Gateway or Router?"

http://gng.z505.com/index.htm
too, whereas GNU cannot.)