Re: PJ's in a snit

From: RonB
Subject: Re: PJ's in a snit
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2009 12:44:49 -0600

On Sat, 07 Mar 2009 05:16:42 -0600, Rjack <user@example.net> wrote:

So TomTom suing over a software patent is like being just a little
bit pregnant?

I guess I'm not like some folks here -- I believe that a genuinely specific and unique idea, that has been successfully implemented, is patentable. What I don't believe in is patenting vague concepts that can be used to patent troll anyone. There has actually been a patent granted for "faster than light radio."

So, if what TomTom is suing the Toyota affiliate for is actually something specific and unique, and something they have successfully implemented, then I don't see hypocrisy here.

--
RonB
"There's a story there...somewhere"