Re: the GPL is a license not a contract ..

From: Doug Mentohl
Subject: Re: the GPL is a license not a contract ..
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 12:57:23 +0000

amicus_curious wrote:

Microsoft's anti-GPL offensive this summer has sparked renewed speculation about whether the GPL is ``enforceable.'' This particular example of ``FUD'' (fear, uncertainty and doubt) is always a little amusing to me.

"I'm the only lawyer on earth who can say this, I suppose..." which makes him a
very small part of all the lawyers and judges who might have their own say.

http://emoglen.law.columbia.edu/my_pubs/lu-12.html